||Founded in 2003, ThinkTel is a 100% Canadian-owned business telecommunications provider catering to the SMB, enterprise and wholesale segments. Thanks to our CLEC footprint covering over 1000 centres across the country, we operate an advanced national network designed to meet the demanding standards of Canada's largest organizations. We are one of the longest operating
| and most experienced providers of SIP-based telecommunications services in Canada, and pride ourselves in being the first and only Canadian company independently qualified by Microsoft's standards to deliver SIP trunking for Lync & OCS R2.
Our expertise lies in delivering highly reliable and adaptable voice, video, and data services, including enterprise-grade SIP trunking, wholesale VoIP, and Hosted or Managed Microsoft Lync services. Through a network-neutral approach, we propose flexible solutions that meet our customers' requirements and enable them to reach their cost-cutting goals, while leveraging their existing infrastructures whenever possible.
ThinkTel's acquisition by Distributel Communications
in 2009 has enabled us to add significant value to our offerings, and ThinkTel now constitutes the official business services division of the Distributel group.
ThinkTel Quick Facts
- Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta
- Offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver
- Over 75,000 telephone numbers nationally
- Switching over 50 million minutes a month of traffic
- Over 300 employees
- ThinkTel is 100% focused on the delivery of SIP-based voice solutions
- Wide list of hardware vendor certification ensuring interoperabilty with both current and future developments in the
- Significant presence across Canada with 90%+ coverage of the total population
- Six data centres across Canada with colocation facilities in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Edmonton
- All data centres and servers associated with our hosted services are situated in Canada for full PIPEDA compliance